Recently a colleague and I were discussing the competencies, traits and key skills that Organisational Development Practitioners need in today’s world…Big question!
It is exciting to see Organisational Development taking up its vital role within the organisation and system, but does the CEO or Human Resources for that matter know what OD is really about?
So I decided to put the answer out there to my network. I would have to say, an interesting topic and one will simliar answers.
- Good listener/communicator
- Strong leadership/coaching skills
Yes agree with another colleague of mine in relation to the above – similar to leadership qualities? A must have is Integrity – but I think this is an innate quality.
Then we have;
- Organisational Awareness & understanding of own organisation
- Marketing OD
- Change Management
- Project Management
- Consulting Skills
- Managing Service Level Agreements
- Analysing & evaluating metrics & data
- Advanced Facilitation Skills
- Interpersonal skills
I would welcome and love your insight on this area.